Old November 5th 04, 02:25 PM
Louis L. Perley III

"Jim Burns" wrote in message
We're looking for sources to buy a set of retread 700 x 6 8 ply tires

from.
The guy we bought our Aztec from only had 6 ply tires on the main gear. 6
plys aren't rated high enough for our gross weight and the POH clearly

calls
for 8 plys.

There seems to be a shortage of 8 ply cases in this particular size.

Desser
and Wilkerson are both out. If anybody has any good sources for retreads,
I'd appreciate hearing from the group. OR if anybody has any name brand
used tires I'd be interested in buying them to have them retreaded.

Aztecs
seem to be one of the only airplanes running this particular size/ply
combination.

Also, if anybody with a Bonanza, Maule, Rockwell Commander, Citabria, or
Apache needs some 700 x 6 6 plys, I've got 3 that have about 75% tread on
them.

Jim

Well Jim, I'll ask my mechanic, because they just ordered me a pair and
while they did have some difficulty, they did find them (didn't ask if they
are retreads or not). Both my mains were ruined because someone forgot a
shim in the brake system or something like that, so they were rubbing a
groove on the inside of the tire. I'll post/email you details after I speak
with my A & P this morning.

--
Louis L. Perley III
N46000 - C152