Old May 24th 08, 04:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Laister LP-49 FS For Sale @ Hemet 15 Meter

On Apr 11, 8:25*pm, Jim Meade wrote:
By way of update, the purchase of N888LP, Laister LP-49 was completed
on the 9th of April and I am now trailering it back to Iowa where I
will fly it.

The sale process on this glider was a bit involved and I thought
perhaps I'd post this message to provide some "closure" I think is the
preferred word to describe the resolution of what could have been an
ordeal.

Thanks to all who helped and were interested in it.

When I get some time in the glider, I'll give a rundown of my
impressions.

FWIW, the only thing I know about it so far is that the homemade
trailer pulls like a dream. *My 4 cylnder, 5 speed manual Chevy S10
hauled it from Hemet east via I-10, I-17, I-40 and we are now near
Wichita on US 54. *I'll be home Saturday night. *As all you big rig
drivers know (I have a million miles in them) wind can be as bad as a
grade and I'll say that the Kansas portion against a strong side wind
has been more trouble than any of the mountains. *(In the mountains
you just go slow - up and down ).