Old January 9th 09, 12:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Peter Dohm

Default Cri Cri plan on ioffer?

"cavelamb" wrote in message
m...
Bob Kuykendall wrote:
On Jan 7, 8:03 pm, "Peter Dohm" wrote:

OTOH, although I used to think that the CriCri was an incredibly cool
concept, I am now convinced that it was really designed to make the BD-5
look like a "Mil-Spec" item. This is mostly because, although I do
admit
that I have never personally seen a CriCri,. I seem to recall reading a
lot
of the skins are 0.010 aluminum. (Cringe)

I have a set of the CriCri plans, and I have to say that I'm pretty
impressed with the drawings and the general instructions. I wouldn't
buy them from pirates such as this guy, but they are worth having if
only for their guidance on working with light-gauge metal and mixing
metal and Klegecell or PVC foam.

I skimmed the plans and didn't find any references to skins thinner
than 0.4mm (0.016"). That's a pretty typical skin thickness even for a
lot of Cessna parts. I know that Aeronca ailerons are riveted up out
of a lot of .016" parts including ribs, spars, and D-skins.

Thanks, Bob K.

Add to that -

Most of the Zodiac skins are .016 as well.

Thanks again for the correction. A thickness of .010 did seem too much like
Reynolds Warp, but it was what I thought that I recalled.

Peter