Old February 21st 18, 01:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Hero emulation

On Wednesday, February 21, 2018 at 8:11:44 AM UTC-5, Dave Nadler wrote:
On Tuesday, February 20, 2018 at 7:55:47 PM UTC-5, wrote:
...past time we teach student pilots how to fly safe and low.

Agreed. In USA we manage to kill a pilot every few years with untrained
imitation (Uvalde, Wurtsboro, etc).

A while back I talked to Scott Manley about doing video showing the
ways people usually die (slow speed and or button-hook).
Scott started but sorry I don't know if this was ever completed?

The Wurtsboro accident wasn't a show off speed pass based on what observers I spoke with said. It is quite likely that it was a rushed return and pattern due to a physical problem.
UH