Old February 22nd 18, 11:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Hero emulation

On Thursday, February 22, 2018 at 3:06:50 PM UTC-7, Tom wrote:
Can I just ask a basic question here - what is the purpose of the "low pass" and how does it further or add to the flight?

Thanks Tom

You can also ask "What is the purpose of flying XCountry?" or "What is the purpose of flying an airplane with no engine?"

My answer to your question and my two questions is "It's fun." We could stop having fun because its unsafe or teach everyone how to have fun more safely. As previous posters have mentioned, stopping people doing a low pass may not be the best way. It's like trying to teach kids abstinence. Useless.