Old February 6th 18, 06:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

Default SGP vs. Normal Racing

the points system in SGP is definitely different. As you may have seen from my final day interview in Orlando last year, I had not really given that aspect much thought. However, the volatility works both ways. You can easily lose a few points or gain a few points by being just a minute or two slower/faster. So while the percentages are cruel I'm not sure that the end result is really that much different.

I'm sure someone who is more interested in putting pencil to paper will be along soon to correct me