Old October 17th 19, 11:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default History Question About U.S. Tasking

On Thursday, October 17, 2019 at 5:57:57 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I can go for having an alternate task or two called up before launching that a cd can change to, but not a call it on the fly/in the air deal.

The entire race scene has been so dumbed down guys don’t even know how to scratch or land out anymore, We wonder why we score so miserably in international competition where the cd call very challenging tasks. Heres one of the main reasons.

Besides, the old style tasking where landouts were common, made for great stories and memories lol.

Yep- lots of great stories like the day in Hobbs when the Judge sent us on the task he selected at breakfast and before the start we could see the line of storms that would land the entire fleet out on the second leg.
And- only one trailer washed away crossing a creek.
Them sure was the good old days.
LOL
UH