Old February 4th 16, 04:55 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
RiĀ©ardo

Default Heavy Air Drop - 2 attachments

On 04/02/2016 14:57, John Szalay wrote:
Ricardo?= wrote in news:-
:
Separation of heavy drop and personnel drop would seem common sense,
would it not, with the personnel coming in within a few minutes of the
heavy stuff? Even better, get the troops on the ground first to secure
perimeters and then await the heavy stuff!

I know that they're dreadful pictures, but fifty years have passed and
the Kodak Brownie 127 did have some limitations. Here's me with a
vehicle I helped to rig and, and the next one, which I took, was after
parachuting in and assisting with securing the DZ, to allow instant
access to our vehicles and kit once they landed.

Ri©ardo

Like wise, and sometimes the heavy drop goes where it wants to.

We dropped in the day before, setup and waited for resupply,
the birdmen decided to land one resupply pallet right on top
of a tent, there is a tent , bedroll and gasmask under the pallet

they didn,t even hit the dropzone, & we were 25ft in the heavy woods.
but they missed the squad tent.
sorry for the scratched negatives.. been stored in a drawer for 50
years..

As we know, real life is rather different to the theory situation. Once
you've had air under your boots...

:-)

Ri©ardo

--