Old September 27th 03, 04:11 PM
Ragnar

"George Z. Bush" wrote in message

"Ragnar" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Brian" wrote in message
. net...
Jeez, talk about yesterdays views - get off the France bashing already

and
get back into life - I supposed you have stopped eating French Fries

too?

And yes, France does have an Army - one that is very strong with very

good
equipment - the Le Clerc being comparable to the vaunted M1.

How many battles has the Le Clerc been in?

France is an independant country and that in itself was one reason for
deciding to withdraw from NATO - so they could pursue their own course

of
action.

Umm, they didn't "pull out" of NATO. They very conveniently stayed in

just
enough to whine about stuff but far enough out to never actually do any
work.

Actually, they did pull out of NATO. By March 1966, deGaulle had

withdrawn
France from NATO and its command structure because he felt that France

needed to
be independent of joint security considerations, which would not have been
possible had they remained in NATO.

They pulled out of the military end, but they pointedly remained on the
political council. Like I said, they pulled out enough to get out of any
work, and remained in enough to whine about stuff.