View Single Post
Old November 26th 16, 08:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default 2017 Junior Nationals Camp and Contest and Region 3 at Harris Hill

On Monday, November 21, 2016 at 2:07:57 PM UTC-5, Harris Hill Soaring wrote:
The SSA Youth/Junior Committee and the Harris Hill Soaring Corporation are planning to host the 2nd Junior National Camp and Contest July 2nd - 8th ..

Everything is subject to SSA approval and many details have yet to be worked out but here is the general idea.

Juniors from around the country are invited to come to Harris Hill. Those who are ready to compete will race against other juniors. Other young pilots of all levels of experience are encouraged to come and attend the event and a cross country camp. Classroom instruction will be delivered on a variety of cross country topics along with flights in two-seat gliders to learn from experienced mentors. They can come with a glider or not.

The Region 3 competition will be held simultaneously. Besides our usual attendees, we are hoping for a large turnout of people with two seat gliders who can take juniors out on task.

Competition pilots: Plan to come to Region 3 and bring a young person from your club so they can meet up with other juniors.

This should be a great time. There will be something for juniors of all levels of ability, from Junior Team members to the newest student pilot. It has always been our experience at Harris Hill that the enthusiasm of young people adds tremendously to soaring experience. We on the HHSC board are very excited to have this event at Harris Hill. Now the work begins…

Sean Murphy
VP of Ops, Harris Hill Soaring Corp.

I expect to bring my Libelle and 2 of our Juniors to fly it.
Also bringing my K21 for newbie flying.
I hope others will join in.
UH