Old May 13th 18, 05:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

Default A Simple Question About LiFePO4 Batteries

On Sunday, May 13, 2018 at 6:38:32 AM UTC-7, wrote:
I have several LFP batteries, all different makes. The multiple chargers was an issue for me. I have had a very good experience with the CTEK Lithium US charger.
I was curious about CTEK since both of my newest cars came with CTEK trickle chargers, a Mercedes and a Porsche. I find it unusual that different manufacturers would use a common product.
I have been using the CTEK Lithium US for about one year. One charger for all my batteries and everything has been working perfectly.
Check it out. One charger works for all LFP batteries from 5Ah to 60Ah.

The Tenergy TB6AC+80W works well with all the LiFePO4s I've connected.
It can be used with other chemistries too, including SLA/AGM, LiPO, Li-Ion at various cell counts (voltages).
For reference, that charger is provided with Jonkers sailplanes with the jet sustainer. The battery for that system is a Tenergy 12v 10Ah.
The references to the Australian LiFePO4 battery are interesting. GFA has only authorised that particular battery and the use of an inappropriate charger with it. I pointed this out to the CTOA.
Those Fusion batteries have not self-destructed when charged with a car charger. But they haven't been charged fully either.
Jim