Old October 21st 08, 03:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Gig 601Xl Builder

Default Fuel System Musings, comments encouraged

flybynightkarmarepair wrote:
My blog has become a way for me to think out loud about my project.
Putting things down in a narrative helps me crystallize my thoughts,
and give me something to refer back to when the time comes to move
from thinking to doing.

Anyway, I've been THINKING about my fuel system, and have put down my
thoughts, I encourage those with more experience to comment either
here or via the blog.

http://users.lmi.net/~ryoung/2008/10...tings-and.html

Lots of good stuff in the links, especially the Sacramento Sky Ranch
ones.

I'm in what I hope are the closing stages of a build of a 601XL with a
William Wynne built Corvair engine. I have the exact fuel system shown
in the photo.

Go with the AN stuff. You can get them from Summit Racing and they don't
cost that much.

For those that suggest a pumping into a header tank. That is exactly
what the older 601HD and HDS did. There just isn't room for it in the
601XL if you have any kind of radios behind the panel.