Old November 29th 10, 08:30 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Peter Twydell[_2_]

Default Staggerwings, pt 3 - Beech 17 25.jpg (1/1) [1/1]

In message , Andrew Chaplin
writes
Peter Twydell wrote in
:

In message , Trajan
writes
Where's this?
Looks like a nice "new" Catalina in the background.
Bill Wolcott
"Mitchell Holman" wrote in message
. 131...

It's the Imperial War Museum at Duxford: http://duxford.iwm.org.uk/

A marvellous place, with many aircraft on show, plus active warbirds
and hangars where you can see restoration work being done. Current
activities include a CR.42, Beaufighter and P-47G. They have several
air shows each year, and it's less than 45 minutes from here.

Here are two more shots of the Catalina, taken in 2006. One of these
days, when I've nothing else to do, I'll post some more Duxford
photos. Perhaps if someone gives me a Round Tuit at Christmas.

Attachment decoded: untitled-2.txt
--=_Turnpike_9T1LZ6AHhh8MNyPo=

Attachment decoded: 2006-07-09.069 r.jpg
--=_Turnpike_9T1LZ6AHhh8MNyPo=

Attachment decoded: untitled-4.txt
--=_Turnpike_9T1LZ6AHhh8MNyPo=

Attachment decoded: 2006-07-09.153 r.jpg
--=_Turnpike_9T1LZ6AHhh8MNyPo=

IIRC, it's actually a Canso done up as a Catalina.

You're right, of course. It was in the back of my mind that it is, but I
couldn't be bothered to look it up.

From "Wrecks & Relics": Canso A, painted as OA-10A 433915 of the USAAF
55th ERS. Originally RCAF 11005, now G-PBYA. Formerly C-FNJF, CF-NJF,
F-ZZBD, F-ZBAY. Owned by Plane Sailing Ltd.
--
Peter

Ying tong iddle-i po!