Old October 15th 19, 03:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom BravoMike

Default Howling sound when flying

On Monday, October 14, 2019 at 2:51:26 PM UTC-5, wrote:
I removed the side eyelid vent and then cut large drinking straws, in half and stacked them inside the channel, up stream. A tad of glue will keep them in place, I used Shoe-Goo. This method doesn’t cutdown on total air flow, just straighten’s it out.
JJ

Thanks, guys, for sharing your methods. Somehow never thought or heard about them. The vent opening (with a closing flap) in my old Ventus B is in front of the canopy, and makes a lot of noise when opened. I hope your solutions will help, but it looks like I'll have to wait till spring with trying it out, now that the season seems to be over.