Old May 4th 05, 06:46 PM
John T

GEG wrote:

I'm curious to know if it's a bad idea to "try" another
instructor for a flight, just to see.
Who knows, maybe he's really good.

On the flip side, if it's at the same school, will I create an
adversarial or acrimonious situation by "cheating" on my instructor -
who I'm actually quite fine with?

It's not "cheating" on your current instructor to take a ride with a
different instructor - especially if you're upfront about it. While these
instructors work for you, they do have emotions and perceptions that may
need to be addressed. You're not necessarily shopping for a new teacher,
but looking for different perspectives or styles that may or may not be
beneficial.

It's rarely a bad idea to fly with a different instructor from time to time
for a different point of view.

--
John T
http://tknowlogy.com/TknoFlyer