Old May 4th 05, 10:58 PM

Because each new instructor wanted to get familiar with my skill level
quickly, they tended to ask a lot of questions at the start about things
my regular instructor already knows I know

SNIP
I've practiced things I ordinarily might not have, and I've practiced the
same things but in different ways.

SNIP
Having said that, getting used to a new instructor was easier than
getting used to a new instructor getting used to me, by which I mean
they've tended to take (or at least help with) the controls more
frequently, where my regular instructor would let me go it alone unless I
started getting into trouble.

I would like to add to what you have said here... If you don't mind...

As I said in my previous post, I think flying with different CFI's is a
good idea... However, when I did this I told the 'other' CFI what I wanted
to get out of the lesson... For example, my first XC was a dual with a CFI
other than my primary (From a different FBO as a matter of fact.) I went
to the other FBO and talked with the CFI and told him where I was at in my
training, and that I desired to do XC planing and initial dual flight with
him. (BTW, this was not because I did not like my primary CFI, he was
simply not available to fly for about 6 weeks because of other
obligations.)

On another occasion, I went to another CFI, again at another FBO, to ask
for a pre-checkride evaluation. I told him up front that I am near the end
of my training and want a checkride to evaluate my readiness for the big
day. He ran me through the ringer and gave me a great post flight
performance evaluation complete with tips for improvement.

I guess what I am trying to say is that I put my expectations out there so
he would know what I was after. I did not seek landing practice, etc. It
worked well for me...

--
Mike Flyin'8
PP-ASEL