Old June 25th 04, 05:17 PM
Ed Rasimus

On 25 Jun 2004 09:50:23 GMT, (WalterM140) wrote:

In fact, his chronolgical record of service has a 16 month gap.

-He- has no right to denigrate the service of a highly decorated WIA

veteran like Senator Kerry, or to have his surrogates do it.

Walt

Show me ONE case where Bush did that. The only people who consitantly bring
up military service are on the Kerry side.

I don't have a source, but the Bushies got someone, I believe a Navy corpsman,
to come forward and say that Kerry's third wound was just a scratch.

I've twice posted a list of more than twenty Navy officers from the
Swift boat program who discredited Kerry's record. A meeting in April
in Washington at the National Press Club brought together more than
120 former Navy Swift personnel who pointed out the problems with
Kerry's service. You choose to ignore that evidence. You "don't have a
source..."

And I know they've had people come forward and belittle the fact that he took
the third wound reassignment option.

But Bush -- Bush has a 16 month gap in his chronilogical record of service.
And the 10/01/73 entry is just adminstrative. Bush can't prove he was present
for duty for a two year period.

We have repeatedly demonstrated to you in this forum evidence that
Bush had five years and three months of six year commitment. The
records show his administrative posting to Montgomery was reasonable
and proper. There is no "two year" or "16 month gap".

He and his surrogates have no right to belittle the service of a decorated WIA
veteran.

Of which you "have no source" but "believe a Navy Corpsman" is the
source? That's your support of "He and his surrogates"? Your case
seems a bit unsupported.

It's working though. There are decorated verterans on this NG that will
belittle the hero and support the shirker.

I've repeatedly stated that while I think his service was minimal, the
issue I have is his conduct afterward. And, now his desire to profit
from the service and ignore the lies that he told in Senate testimony.

Maybe the reason Art's generation is called "the Greatest Generation" is
because he sees through Bush's bull**** screen.

They are called the Greatest Generation because they fought when it
was necessary to defeat an unspeakable evil. They subordinated their
fears and politics to support their elected leadership. They made
great sacrifices to defend this nation when it was attacked without
provocation and half the number of people killed on 9/11 died at Pearl
Harbor. FDR didn't have a military record in any form, but folks
didn't crawl out from under rocks to attack him for that. They fought
for their country.

Consider the difference today.

Walt

Ed Rasimus