Old December 9th 09, 06:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Greg Arnold

Default Mystery of crashed glider in Arizona

Bob Kuykendall wrote:
On Dec 8, 6:41 pm, Steve Koerner wrote:
BTW, I think Bob K knows more then he is telling us.

I think so too. Bob's earlier speculation on the wing construction
matches precisely what I observed.

Tell us, please Bob.

Sorry to disappoint, but I'm pretty sure I've already told about as
much as I know. I think I've seen pictures of it in an old Soaring
magazine, maybe along with an old Homebuilders Hall article. But
looking through my copy of the Collected Works of Stan Hall, the
closes thing I can find is the Moba 2C, which is in Australia and
accounted for. It also dates to the late 1970s, probably too late to
be our mystery ship. I sure wish I could ask Stan about it, I'd be
pretty sure he'd know it.

The answer to the mystery most likely is contained in a dusty old file
at the FAA in Oklahoma City. I don't know the FAA policy regarding
public access, but AOPA has access to those files.