Old September 28th 03, 05:52 PM
John Morgan

"Mark Zivley" wrote in message
One other point related to bottles. With the aluminum and the steel you
can get them hydro tested at the prescribed intervals and they are
basically not a life limited item. The composite bottles have a
specified service life of about 10 years. After the 10ish year life (I
think it's the DOT) says they are to be destroyed. Hopefully this life
expecancy will be extended as they build up a succesful track record.

I believe the life-limit term you're referring to is actually 15 years. But
there are other differences - DOT requires steel bottles be hydro-tested
every 5 years. Most composites need to be tested every 3. There are a few
composite bottles (including the carbon fiber full wrap bottle I sell to
other Stemme owners) that have a 5 year test interval.

I haven't used an A14, but have used an older Oximizer cannula system and
Mountain High's EDS. I much prefer the EDS. The EDS's calibrated pulse of O2
tends not to dry out nasal passages as much as the other and just feels
better. O2 saturation remains acceptable higher than the 18 K the FAA
considers the limit for cannula.

--
bumper
"Dare to be different . . . circle in sink."

---