Old May 8th 18, 12:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

Default Spot or InReach ??

On Tuesday, May 8, 2018 at 1:23:23 AM UTC-4, WaltWX wrote:
One more point about the Garmin InReach. Before a long cross country, contest or event, I carefully consider what information for emergency contacts will be recorded on the web site. I change my 1st and 2nd emergency contact, add notes about the type of flight and backup crew. Here's a sample of my InReach tracking page for, I believe, the last four years:

https://share.delorme.com/0b71a31caf...243ad768883515

One can filter to a particular day or time range by using the pull down menu "Filter Map" top left corner of page. Most of the flight are 2 min updates... but sometimes for local flying I set it at 5 minutes.

Walt Rogers WX

New user question...

Is there some way to sync (some fraction of) my existing cell phone contacts with inReach using Earthmate? It doesn't look like there is.

best,
Evan Ludeman / T8