Old April 23rd 11, 11:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
st4s03

Default Spot 2 at Costco

On Apr 23, 7:39*am, "Paul Remde" wrote:
Hi,

Are you certain is was a SPOT 2 and not an old SPOT 1 they were "dumping"..
All dealers must adhere to a minimum advertised price of $149.95 or they
will lose their dealership. *I suspect that was a one store deal that won't
last long.

But you can buy a SPOT from any SPOT dealer from May 1st to July 31st and
take advantage of the $50 mail-in rebate.http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/spot.htm

There is also a deal on SPOT Connect services from May 21st through July
31st. *Details are also available using the link above.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

"st4s03" wrote in message

On Apr 22, 4:39 pm, "Dr. John" wrote:

I checked my local costco today and nothing. They told me to check
online costco and once again nothing. I hope they eventually make it
to Utah. Lets us know if anyone else finds them.

I was at a Costco in Denver and saw it there for $69.95 next to a
Garmin hand held GPS with 2 way radio.

It is the Spot 2 in the normal package. I saw it there a couple of
weeks ago while travelling the isles and thought it was odd that they
would stock it.
I wasn't looking for it and did not buy it (have a Spot 1) and haven't
checked other Costcos in the area, but it's the real thing. I haven't
been back so I don't know if is still in stock.