Old July 29th 19, 08:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Foster

Default source for clips or sleaves for Hotelier linkages

On Monday, July 29, 2019 at 1:17:38 AM UTC-6, John Foster wrote:
On Sunday, July 28, 2019 at 6:09:07 PM UTC-6, Steve Bralla wrote:
On Monday, June 15, 1998 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, Al wrote:
Anyone got any good suggestions for clips for hotelier linkages.
I also understand that there is a sleave kit out there somewhere.

Thanks

Al

Sleeves? I can't help. Pins? Aircraft Spruce
https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catal...owlingpins.php

Thanks for all the links, guys, but these are not the spec that is called for in this AD. The glider in question is a Bolkow Phoebus, but I believe this AD also applies to the Standard Cirrus, as well as some others (correct me if I'm wrong). It specifically states the clip must be 1.2mm diameter wire, and gives a picture of the clip going across the push rod. In this particular application, the push rod is only about 1/2" diameter, so a clip that is 1.5" long will stick out the sides too far and hang up on the surrounding structures. Here's a link to the AD:

http://www.ltb-lindner.com/phoebus-ad-sb.html

Look particularly at the PDF link "13 94_001 L`Hotellier Verschluesse.pdf (94,4 kB)".

It gives pictures and dimensions of the clip needed. It specifically mentions a specific L'Hotellier part #140-31, or equivalent Ford part number 1473 931, but neither of these part numbers come up with anything other than copies of the AD when a Google search is done. I can not find a source for these specific parts.

More specifically, these connections are for aileron and spoiler push rods that come through holes in the wing root rib. If the clips stick out too far, they will snag on the edges of the holes in the wing root rib and cause the control surfaces to hang up and not move properly. Obviously, that would be very bad.