Old June 20th 05, 10:51 AM
Dan

"George Patterson" wrote in message
news:vQqte.9587$EH1.153@trndny03...
Qansett wrote:

I flew C150's and C172's in the early 1970's. none of them had rudder
trim.

Most of the 150s and all of the 172s I've flown had a rudder trim tab.
When set properly, the planes would cruise without needing rudder input.
My C-150 did not have such a tab. It was necessary to keep a bit of right
rudder pressure all the time. I got in the habit of flying with one foot,
except for landing. I had to break that habit in a hurry when I bought my
Maule.

George Patterson

I fly a C152 and with a passenger it requires no rudder, with just myself on
board it requires slight right rudder all the time.