Old September 19th 16, 02:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

Default OUDIE

On Sunday, September 18, 2016 at 10:12:26 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Le mardi 13 septembre 2016 11:08:24 UTC-4, a écritÂ*:
Hi
The thermal-assistant in my Oudie 2 is very helpfull when thermals are weak and
disorganize. Now my Oudie 2 is not connected to my vario. But it could.
My question is would it make a difference on the thermal-assistant if I connect
the Oudie to my smart vario?
For the purist out there I know all the other information I am not getting by
not connecting the two instrument.

Thank you
Gilles

Hi Dan
I am aware of the possible solution.
I bought my CNvario before CN decided to support the digital version.
All I need is a connection to my Oudie. What the Oudie provide is good enough for me. I am looking to improve the thermal assistant.
The X/C version offer many feature like a approved logger ...etc.
I do not need a 3rd logger. Adding a digital is a solution, and now I have 3 of everything not considering the invesment in $$$.
My enthousiasm to support CN early is playing againts me.
A message to CN made it clear not to expect anything for the analog display owner.
Good wave in Lake Placid
Regards
Gilles

Hi Gilles. I didn't say you needed the X/C version, or the digital display. You connect the Oudie power and data cable to the serial port on the Air Data Computer, with the cable. It should feed the inputs to the Oudie and SYM.

I left Placid last year just before the 3 days of wave (my turn to cook Thanksgiving dinner). Fingers crossed for this year.

Dan