Old June 22nd 04, 11:29 AM
Dave Kearton

"Krztalizer" wrote in message

| If he can shoot MaDeuce from the hip, he doesn't NEED a weapon.
|
| Even Sgt Rock could only do that with a water-cooled .30! I don't think a
| person could heft a gen-yew-wine M-2 .50 and actually shoot it "as God
| intended". Sure were a lot of fun to shoot, but I prefer it hard mounted,
to a
| ship, preferably.
|
| v/r
| Gordon
| ====(A+C====
| USN SAR
|
| Its always better to lose -an- engine, not -the- engine.

Equally fun when fired from a pintle on a 113.

Moreso when the not so wily Brer Fox tries to make it across the range.
Mine made it about 50m when a burst caught up with him.

Fired a burst 'acciedentally' at a bunch of mud crabbers at 5,000m - the
splashes were way off, close enough for the proj to still be supersonic and
make splashes in the water about 2m in the air.

It was all accidental - it's in the report.

Cheers

Dave Kearton