Old June 21st 04, 10:57 PM
Joe Osman

"Regnirps" wrote in message
"It's Me Again" wrote:

For those of you who are wondering what SAW is (I was), it's Squad

Automatic
Weapon.

For those who remember "Combat", the SAW man is the modern equivalent of

Kirby
and his BAR.

What was the WWII TV show that competed with Combat?

-- Charlie Springer

The Action Channel is showing Combat again and also made a 30 minute
retrospective of the show. The series has really aged well as it was well
written and directed. One thing I had forgotten was that they never used
subtitles when a French or German character spoke, it was up to you to
figure it out. They used a lot of young actors and a few young directors
that are famous now.
In the retrospective, everyone remembered how in awe they were at Lee
Marvin's acting and drinking ability. Dale Dye, the Ex-Marine that acted as
the military advisor to Platoon and a lot of other movies said that when
they had a chance to see it on Armed Forces TV in Nam, some guy would say
"Hey we should of tried that last week" when watching the program.

Joe