Old January 11th 06, 04:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Pirep request: FlightPrep vs 396

Anybody know if a solid state HD NAND would be an option? Are there any
currently on the market in volume and are there any models large enough?
Jim

"Longworth" wrote in message
oups.com...
Jim,
I was interested in the same thing but after seeing a slew of
laptops and desktops with sudden hard drive failures, I gave up on the
idea of using laptop or tablet PC for weather/GPS/electronic flightbag
option. Hope to see tablet PC using flash memory only in a near
future. I am looking forward to the introduction of the Lowrance 2000
with XM weather this summer. It will blow Garmin 396 out of the water
if it also allow approach chart display.

Hai Longworth