Old April 2nd 10, 02:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Evan Salant

Default Weird Indications on Aspen EFD1000/Garmin 430W

I was flying the ILS 06 approach on my plane equipt with an Aspen and
Garmin 430. I had the Garmin set up for vectors to final, tuned
properly, set on VLOC, station identified and was flying near the OM
towards the FAF. Then I noticed the Aspen said "BC1", was reverse
sensing, and showing no vertical navigation guidance. My other VOR
(standard VOR) was tracking correctly. There is no runway 1 at MJX,
just 6/24. I have no idea why this happened. Any ideas ? Possibly I
did not have the course set correctly on the Aspen. Would that cause
this to happen ? Auto-course select may have been turned off.

Thanks.