Old October 9th 18, 02:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard Pfiffner[_2_]

Default ADSB panel display

On Monday, October 8, 2018 at 5:38:39 PM UTC-7, Darryl Ramm wrote:
On Monday, October 8, 2018 at 5:14:16 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Monday, October 8, 2018 at 12:55:09 PM UTC-7, Ben Hirashima wrote:
Have you seen an iPhone X display in sunlight? I find it perfectly readable. Technology is constantly improving...

thank you Ben, I did look at an iphone X at max brightness, but didn't consider it any better than my iphone 8+. I do manage to use Foreflight on my iphone 8+, but it is a struggle, not what I call 'easily readable' in my cockpit, as my LX moving map is. I'm in Nevada, where the sun is very bright, even with a blue canopy. I want a panel mounted, dedicated, bright display for adsb targets.

PowerFLARM connected to a AirAvionic ATD is likely the best you will get there.

No UAT In/TIS-B/ADS-R support, but them are the tradeoffs.

I have been flying with the Air-Avionis ATD for several years. It is the best and has many features.

http://www.craggyaero.com/air_traffic_display.htm

Richard
www.craggyaero.com