Old February 24th 06, 01:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.student,alt.politics

Default Very long boring technical discussion of Lift Faries adn Thrust Demons....(NASA)

In article , Richard Isakson
says...

"ChuckSlusarczyk" wrote ...
First honest thing I've read in this thread. Lift is caused by feathers is

known scientific fact and I can prove it .

I hate to get involved in these "what causes lift" threads but this is
nonsense. An ostrich after all, with all it's feathers, CAN'T FLY. I
already stated a couple weeks ago that flight is magic. A well known fact.
Such silliness as "feathers" and "lift demons" is just an attempt to avoid
being burnt at the stake by the fearful masses.

An Ostrich has a poor feather to weight ratio ,that's the reason it can't fly.A
few more pounds of feathers and he'd soar like a Goose! It's logical.

If it's magic, then Penn and Teller would be Superman and Superboy .It's the
feathers being plagiarized by the magicians trying to start a conspiracy to
prevent the burning at the stake.Whew! By the way ,did you ever notice that
when someone is being burnt at the stake the smoke, ash and sometimes bits of
paper go up? I think I discovered another form of flight without feathers.
Vertical flight. Feathers give horizontal flight.

I can for see a time when men with a huge fire coming out from behind their
butts could go as far as the moon in vertical flight.

Chuck (I'm a part time seer) S