Old August 8th 05, 02:18 AM
Robert Barker

"Adam Aulick" wrote in message
Wow, bison meat is expensive! This e-bay ad
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4357244827&ssPageName= MERC_VI_RSCC_Pr2_PcY_BIN_Stores
has somebody asking approx. 10 bucks a pound! If we figure he's trading
at retail for a $15,000 clapped-out Cessna 152, that's only 3/4 ton of
meat! And here I was thinking I didn't have a big enough basement to
hold the necessary freezers....
clip...

Actually, $10/lb ain't too shabby. Good buffalo around here can go for up
to $15/lb. Pretty lean and a lot more tender than any beef you're gonna
find at your local supermarket. It tastes a LOT better than most of the
beef today. They've done with beef like they have with tomatoes - bred all
the flavor out in exchange for consistency. Ostritch is pretty good too...
And don't knock the gator! Beat it with a 2x4 long enough to be tender and
you'll find it has an amazing flavor. There's a great place in Ft. Worth
called Razoo's. It's a Cajun joint whose motto is "If it lives in a swamp,
we'll cook it!"