Old May 22nd 04, 08:28 AM
The Enlightenment

"Mike" wrote in message
om...
Does China have long range bombers at this time that can reach the
continental United States?

Although they have nuclear bombs, what about the planes to deliver
them?

I know China had some TU-16 planes years ago, but did they ever
develop long range bombers or get any from the former Soviet Union?

And what about China's in-air refueling capability?

China is focusing on its economic development and improving its
technology. It is focusing on the region. They are no doubt capable
of expanding their ability to project military power great distances.
Their people are industrious, patriotic and intelligent. For the
moment they are in no great hurry. I expect they will wait until they
have gained power and the US has reduced. It seems to me that the
rapid deindustrialisation and outsourcing of the US will eventually
degrade the US's power and ability to create weaponry and fund wars.
The middle empire will then be capable of expanding its influence in
the world. The US's involvement in the Middle east is seen by some
as an attempt to reform the region in a similar way the Jacobeans
sought to change Europe or in a similar way that France under Napoleon
III sought to 'liberate' Europe in such a way that France would be
central to Europe and would consist of nations attached by gratitude
and admiration to France. (they go their asses kicked in the Franco
Prussian war incidentally)

I think it will backfire. I think this pseudo roman empire will drain
the US rather than secure it.