Old August 23rd 04, 03:46 PM
BllFs6

Hi guys

In the past year or 2 I've done a fair bit of back of envelope cals involving
gyro's and small GA aircraft...

And as one poster mentioned.....4 hour flight endurance seemed to be the
breaking point.....

Less than 4 hours, and your payload (and therefore possibly to some extent the
actual aircraft structure) was less for a 2 stroke than a 4 stroke....

More than 4 hours flight time and the 4 strokes were overall lighter load....

It just kinda stood out to me that the guy said 4 hours, because thats the
number I usually came out with...

Now, I was typically comparing the lower end (HP wise, with 80 HP or so
generally being the max) 2 strokes vs 4 strokes, using published/internet
values (but not neccessarily from one source)...

FWIW (probably not much in reality

take care

Blll