Old August 24th 05, 03:17 AM
George Patterson

I'd like to keep it under $100k and will probably keep it for decades
unless I win the Lotto or lose my medical.

99% of my flying will be two people and small baggage on trips within
about 200 nm, so a 2 place airplane would be suitable.

Unfortunately, I'm not a FAA standard person, so 152s are out.

You might look into a new Maule M-4. They've set it up with just 2 seats for
insurance purposes, but it's got 180 hp and can haul. You might find it a bit
slow, and it's got conventional gear, but it's a nice aircraft. With a
fixed-pitch prop, it's $96K.

http://www.mauleairinc.com/Maule_News/m_4_180v.html

It comes with this standard equipment -
http://www.mauleairinc.com/____Stand...equipment.html