Old October 15th 05, 03:46 AM
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, Daniel Roesen said:
* Paul Tomblin :
I called him back, and he turned me to 150 and gave me a more normal
sounding approach clearance.

Perhaps that was his original plan anyway (to let you cross the localizer
and intercept from the other side).

I've had that happen before, but usually because the controller forgot
about me or didn't realize I was getting blown into the localizer. This
time there wasn't much wind, and he'd only just been talking to me a few
seconds before the localizer started to tickle.

I've always thought that a good controller will warn you that he's about
to vector you through. "Base leg" sounds like he wanted me to do a normal
square pattern.

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
The people here have other bones to pick -- possibly including yours.