Old November 16th 05, 12:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval

Default EA-18G "Growler"

.... And that myth kept perpetuating. There were a few guys at China Lake
that were trying to plumb the Prowler for a Buddy Store. According to a
couple of mechs I used to socialize with, it was an O-level mod.

My contention (like yours) was that the Prowler was MUCH too valuable to be
relegated to tanker duty.

Now the P-3 on the other hand...

--Woody

On 11/15/05 1:20 PM, in article
, "Mike Kanze"
wrote:

Nasty crack that circulated in the early 1970s, just as the EA-6Bs were about
to make their first sea deployment, was one that asked how much "give" they
could offer. On at least one occasion, this sort of comment came from a
"heavy" who had never taken the time to notice that the EA-6B was an
electron-chaser by design, and not a hypermorph like the Whale had become.

And now it appears we are coming full-circle, with the Growler being the new
hypermorph.