Old January 6th 06, 06:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Resource for choosing a plane?

"Nathan Young" wrote in message
[snip]
You are correct to be more concerned about op costs than acquisition
costs. Minus cost of money, you will get your acquisition costs back
when you sell.

My thoughts exactly--that's why my $100K figure is "soft," more of a comfort
number than anything else.

Factoryengines.com lists an
overhaul on a TIO540 engine (for the Turbo Lance) at $40k.

Now there's a number that kinda scares me--that's at least twice the amount
of any overhaul estimates I've seen in my (admittedly limited) reading. Is
that a function of the turbo??

As I said, my "requirements" are all written in Jell-O. I'm *just* getting
started--really, this discussion is the most in-depth I've gotten so far.
If turbo is the only way I can get the heavy lift I want from my
high-altitude location, but it's prohibitively expensive, well, I may have
to revise my requirements.... That goes for everything I listed in my
original post.... That Cherokee 140 for $25K is looking better and better
at this point!!

--
Doug
"Where am I to go/Now that I've gone too far?" -- Golden Earring, "Twilight