Old November 17th 03, 12:48 AM
Bjørnar Bolsøy

"Steve R." wrote in
:

OOps, I looked around. They are external tanks. I'll look more
and speak less next time. )

Neat idea though, conformal tanks for extra range and
endurance. Sort of vision an idea, conformal whiskey
tanks around the waist for that added in-flight loiter
time around the clubs downtown.

Regards...

"Steve R." wrote in message
What are those additions on either side of the fuselage?
External fuel tanks? Looks like they hung so much on the plane
they might need another engine!

"Bjørnar Bolsøy" wrote in message
(Henry J. Cobb) wrote in
om:

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald...ss/7264071.htm
"The range ability increases dramatically. It allows us to
reach any place in the Middle East," he said. "It's a very
sophisticated aircraft that allows us to do almost anything."

Yes, but are they nuke capable?

Don't know, but it's definitely a mean lookin' machine:

http://www.israeli-weapons.com/weapo...t/f-16i/f-16I_

7.j
pg

Regards...