Old December 14th 03, 05:56 AM
Paul Lee

Dang it... I copied the wrong question again... here is the correct stuff..

back to my original question - to help the situation.

...has anyone investigated placing a few vortex generator tabs near
outer wing part to compensate for the early tip stall tendency?

This could be done with a standard EZ by observing if the bobing stall
frequency increases with addition of a few outboard vortex generators.

Any EZ volunteers out there? Here is the procedu Measure the stall
bobing frequency as a position of CG. Then measure it again after
the few outboard VG's are installed and see if the frequency increases
or decreases with CG position. Would not be very expensive, just time
consuming.

I am building a SQ2000 canard but KLS Composites has designed
the thing so that there is no bobing stall frequency - it simply descends
at a constant rate. KLS demonstrated that to me in their factory bird.
So I can't do the test - at least in the same way.

Paul Lee, SQ2000 canard project: www.abri.com/sq2000