Old July 29th 20, 04:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Matt Herron Jr.

Default Condor 2

On Tuesday, July 28, 2020 at 4:32:09 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Monday, July 27, 2020 at 7:55:46 PM UTC-5, Soartech wrote:
support@condor is now unresponsive both in the forums and by email.

Condor has always had lousy or no support. Your are totally on your own after purchase! When I upgraded to a new computer years ago, Condor refused to recognize my rudder pedals. Even though the computer diagnostics showed that it recognized them and they work perfectly! I contacted Condor, Condor forums, Cumulus Soaring and anyone I could find that used Condor extensively. Most did not even respond and no one else had a clue why it did not work.
It still does not work to this day so I must fly with auto-rudder on.

That sort of defeats the purpose. Rudders are half the equation and I'd kick it to the curb before I'd fly it without them.

Support finally answered but didn't bother reading what I'd tried already.. I disable SLI bridge because it was painfully apparent Condor 2 cannot address bridged GPUs. I went the extra mile and solely for Condor 2 removed the second GPU since it can't do a damn thing with it anyways. Same result.

When you exit the sim it 'flushes' memory to free up resources. Somewhere between hitting the master flush button and where it redraws the submenu for flight lessons/free flight/etc etc it tanks. So after each and every lesson I have to use task manager to kill the process off completely then reload it.

I did spring for an IR head tracker. That does seem to be the least expensive fix for now until the price on Oculus starts to drop. IMNSHO the Oculus should do a better job of building habits (turning head to check pattern position angles, etc etc) so probably well worth the money.

For fun we tried it on a 32 bit version of Windows 10. Same result. Tanks in exactly the same spot every time exiting the simulation. Oh well. Nice program but needs work.

Start swapping hardware (including the computer itself-borrowed and the input devices), until it works. Sounds like it is specific to your setup.

Matt