Old January 19th 21, 08:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
krasw

Default FLARM releases firmware for ADS-R and TIS-B

On Friday, 15 January 2021 at 19:47:30 UTC+2, Darryl Ramm wrote:

PowerFLARM Fusion is a nice improvement over existing PowerFLARM units, including for use in the USA. In Europe and the rest of the world it does provide real "Fusion" between FLARM, ADS-B and different display devices but in the USA, with our overly complex ADS-B system not used anywhere else in the world the story is as usual more complicated.

Haha. European system is not complicated because it is from stone age, we have no way uploading data to aircraft. I would take US system in a heartbeat as my country supports only C-mode transponders (better than A-mode though), no-one has in heard the word ADS-B. Grass is truly greener on the other side of the fence.