Old January 19th 21, 05:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

Default FLARM releases firmware for ADS-R and TIS-B

On Tuesday, January 19, 2021 at 5:59:45 AM UTC-8, krasw wrote:
On Tuesday, 19 January 2021 at 11:19:41 UTC+2, Darryl Ramm wrote:
I'm not sure you really have much of an idea what you are saying.

I think you are wrong. I know for a fact that my country can not do anything with mode-s data, infrastructure supports only mode-c.

And what exact country is this? Even if you manage to be in a European country with not a single Mode-S interrogator, you likely are covered by EUROCONTROL1090ES Out mandates, helping enable aircraft within your airspace to be able to utilize 1090ES for traffic awareness, and that should increasingly help complement FLARM use. The fundamental thing of ADS-B being *autonomous* and useful between aircraft without relying on interrogators or ground infrastructure got lost in the USA system. Nobody should want that in other countries, and so far no other country seems silly enough to follow that approach.