Old April 20th 21, 07:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy[_2_]

Default FLARM Fusion Range

Matt,

I suspect you only had couple of flights at Williams with only couple of gliders., possibly the same gliders. This is not enough variety of data. I suggest to collect more flights with more flarm targets first.

Ramy

On Tuesday, April 20, 2021 at 10:28:54 AM UTC-7, Matt Herron Jr. wrote:
Hi guys,

I just installed a FLARM Fusion and am getting some very poor results. The antennas are installed symmetrically on either side of the canopy rail (see photographs) in an ASW27b. They clip into a plastic adaptor printed from ABS, and each antenna has a clear 180 degree view out the side of the canopy. This seems to me like a pretty ideal setup to avoid the carbon in the cockpit, etc. Can anyone help me understand why the range is not better, and in particular, why the range is better on one antenna vs the other? that makes no sense to me.

Thanks,

Matt Herron

PastedGraphic-4.tiff

PastedGraphic-1.tiff