Old April 21st 21, 02:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

Default FLARM Fusion Range

On Tuesday, April 20, 2021 at 9:16:13 PM UTC-4, Matt Herron Jr. wrote:
You make a lot of sense Dave. Thanks for the analysis and link. Interference might explain the lopsided reception as well. I have a ferrite sampler kit, but not much experience killing noise in a meaningful systematic way (M.E., not E.E.). I know switching power supplies are a common offender. Any other suggestions from RAS? I have a scope if that helps...

Matt
On Tuesday, April 20, 2021 at 5:41:32 PM UTC-7, Dave Leonard wrote:
You might want to check the ktrax site that does a FLARM transmit range
analysis using OGN receivers, like the one at Williams. The most recent
report for your glider (at least it might be your glider, if not put in
the correct ICAO code) shows better than average transmit range:

https://ktrax.kisstech.ch/plot?device=A7D668

The CORE (I assume the same on Fusion) GPS, on the 9 club PowerFLARMs I maintain, and my own, are usually showing 1.0 m average GPS accuracy in KTrax; yours is 2.3m. Perhaps GPS interference is part of the problem? Maybe swap with another Fusion GPS or CORE owner to see if the GPS accuracy moves to the other glider, or move the GPS until its accuracy improves, then see how the ranges are?

Dan
snow tomorrow - yay