Old April 21st 21, 08:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

Default FLARM Fusion Range

On Tue, 20 Apr 2021 18:16:11 -0700, Matt Herron Jr. wrote:

You make a lot of sense Dave. Thanks for the analysis and link.
Interference might explain the lopsided reception as well. I have a
ferrite sampler kit, but not much experience killing noise in a
meaningful systematic way (M.E., not E.E.). I know switching power
supplies are a common offender. Any other suggestions from RAS? I have
a scope if that helps...

Put switch mode power supplies in a metal box rather than a plastic one.
Clip ferrite chokes round lines connected to the box if you're really
keen. Both items are available from electronic parts sources. Some
plastic boxes have a metal lining: these work too and are cheaper/lighter/
easier to drill holes in than metal ones.

Works for me, anyway.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org