Old July 23rd 03, 07:16 PM
nafod40

Jim Willson wrote:

Even though I'd be quite capable of doing it, I'll never build a kit
airplane.

Why are you reading this newsgroup?

We spend so many hours of our lives chasing after the temporal things
of this world, (i.e. hobbies, work, a name, a reputation). We never
spend time chasing after the things that will count when we're gone
(the character of our family) or those things eternal.

Well, I assume you are a former naval officer, since you said you had
some 300 traps in another post (what'd you fly?), so you understand the
importance of leadership. And leadership does not only apply to your
sailors, it applies to within your family.

A finely crafted airplane is a work of art. The pursuit of excellence in
its creation is as fine an example as you can set for your children. Use
it, not as an escape from them, but as a means to educate them (wax on-
wax off grasshopper). burn it when you're done, if you don't want to fly
it. It's the journey, not the arival that is important.

Ever watch monster garage? Family run motorcylce customization business?

I grieve for this family. What a waste!

A tragedy for sure. A waste? An open question...