Old July 23rd 03, 08:39 PM
Errol Groff

It is difficult, if not impossible, to know what it is that our
children will remember long after we have forgotten.

My daughter and her husband, both vo-tech high school and honors
college graduates, had a problem with the base board heating in their
home. They were about to call a plumber when my daughter said, wait
a minute, we are both college grads. We should be able to figure this
out. And they did.

She later told me that all the times I had made her stand by to hand
me tools while fixing the car, or a plumbing problem, or any of the
other host of aggraviations around the house really paid off that day.
That, when she was a kid, she didn't care why a socket was the right
tool for this job and an open end wrench was the right tool for that
job. But as an adult she appreciated knowing the difference. And
appreciated my showing her.

July 31 @ 9:35 PM (but who is keeping track) will be the 23
anninversary of a near fatal motorcycle accident for me. After that I
did spend more time with my family but continued to do the things that
I enjoyed as well. We all need togetherness with, and time apart
from, those we love.

Moderation in all things!

Errol Groff
EAA 60159