Old February 13th 08, 02:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_2_]

Default "A Guide to Transponders in Sailplanes" - updated!

On Feb 11, 11:00 am, BB wrote:
Very nice update. One missing issue: installation legalities. I konw
some pilots have gotten 337s. I know that many have not. Do we really
need a 337? What reg says so (I looked to no avail)? Why, for example,
would a transponder need a 337 but a radio does not? What is, really,
required to legally install a transponder?

John Cochrane

I've skirted around the legalities, because it's a confusing issue to
me, too. I would like to address it, however, so if someone
knowledgeable can provide me with info on it, or point to a good
source (documents or person(s)), I'll be glad to add a section on it.

Otherwise, we'll have to wait until I can dig it out myself!