Old July 29th 09, 02:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Brian Whatcott

Default On pre-flight inspections

Ron Garret wrote:
In article
,
D Ramapriya wrote:

On Jul 27, 3:21 pm, Stealth Pilot
wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong but engine runups are part of the mechanics'
pre-handover (of the aircraft) routine, right? /snip/

I guess I got my wires crossed in a way, as a pilot friend kindly
pointed out to me in private

I was thinking of the everyday scene that I see en route home, in the
Emirates hangars

Don't feel too bad. It reminded me of commuting in a C150 from Dallas to
Tulsa International weekly, for a year - this was years ago.
When it was time to leave from the ExecAir FBO at Tulsa Intl(where
they treated me EXACTLY like the million dollar jet pilots they also
handled)
the line help asked me more than once if they could run up, and taxi my
C150 into front center for me - as though it was an honor.

They CERTAINLY knew how to treat a customer!

Brian W