Old April 17th 07, 06:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Andrew Gideon

Default Options After Items Flagged as Unairworthy (was TBO and Airworthiness)

On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 10:20:57 -0700, JB wrote:

But I'm not sure it matters.
Won't an item(s) flagged as unairworthy during an inspection make the
plane unairworthy regardless of the time??

Not merely by an IA's claim.

I've never seen a discrepancy list. I'm told, though, that the wording
will be something like "the inspection has been performed and that the
aircraft had the follow discrepancies...".

I can't imagine that you could
legally fly around just because your annual hasn't expired yet by the
calendar.

This is actually a very interesting point. If there is a real issue on
the discrepancy list, then I would opine that this wouldn't be legal
because the pilot would know about the item. But if there's no real
issue?

BTW, this is all part 91 flying. I've no idea what additional issues
arise out of 121 etc.

- Andrew